The Tarrago Sneaker Filling Paste 1.7oz is a special flexible filling paste designed to cover scratches, holes or cracks on leather and synthetic leather. This filling paste creates a soft, adhesive and flexible layer. The Tarrago Sneaker Filling Paste is suitable for a wide variety of smooth and synthetic leather and for rubber midsoles but should not be used for suede and nubuck.
Once the product has been applied, the final result provides a uniform finish with excellent properties, which hides all surface defects or scratches. It provides great filling and flexibility properties, successfully promoting fluidity and a perfect finish once the product has been applied. Once dry, the paste can be painted with the desired color for a perfect and professional finish.
HOW TO USE THE TARRAGO SNEAKER FILLING PASTE
- 1. Brush to remove dust.
- 2. Apply the Tarrago Sneaker Filling Paste with a roller or a spatula the necessary thin layers to cover completely any holes or scratches to be repaired.
- 3. Let it dry between layers for approximately one hour. It is important to not apply too much quantity of the product in each layer.
- 4. Dilute the last layer with water to achieve a similar texture to the surface to be repaired. Apply it with a spatula or a cloth to avoid imperfections and to generate a smooth and homogeneous finish.
- 5. Once the process is finished, let it dry for 12 hours to achieve a perfect finish.
- 6. Once the paste is completely dry, it can be painted with the Tarrago Color Dye, the Tarrago Sneakers Paint or the Tarrago Quick Color for a perfect and professional finish.
Tips for a perfect result:
- TIP 1: If you want to cover holes, we recommend using a support to keep the paste firm and achieve a better finish.
- TIP 2: To speed up the process a hairdryer can be used, however this needs to be very gently, at low temperature and 20 cm from the surface. On the other hand, is recommended to let it dry naturally.
- TIP 3: If the quantity of paste applied is excessive, this can be removed before painting in two different ways:
a. Sand gently with a very thin sandpaper.
b. Carefully remove the remaining paste with ethyl alcohol.
- TIP 4: Store between 41ºF (5ºC) and 95ºF (35ºC) and protect from frost and cold.
Before using this product, we recommend testing it in a small, non-visible part and see the results.